Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mothers Raw



-MOTHERS RAW-

I am extremely excited to announce my participation with an awesome global-wide project, MOTHERS RAW. Ever notice the gleaming perfection of mothers seen in movies, on television, and in magazines? Ever notice how glaringly OFF that is from reality? This project dares to challenge that distorted and damaging image. No one achieves perfection, mothers included. That imperfect, beautiful image is what I am looking to capture.

Ayelet Waldman said it quite well: “Even if I'm setting myself up for failure, I think it's worth trying to be a mother who delights in who her children are, in their knock-knock jokes and earnest questions. A mother who spends less time obsessing about what will happen, or what has happened, and more time reveling in what is. A mother who doesn't fret over failings and slights, who realizes her worries and anxieties are just thoughts, the continuous chattering and judgement of a too busy mind. A mother who doesn't worry so much about being bad or good but just recognizes that she's both, and neither. A mother who does her best, and for whom that is good enough, even if, in the end, her best turns out to be, simply, not bad. ”

I am looking for up to 20 mothers willing to participate in this project. I can take no more than 20 so please, contact me as soon as possible. Here are few simple requirements!

1. Come as you are. Come as you are everyday, after caring for the miracle that is your child!
2. PLEASE! Minimal make-up. Preferably, NO MAKE-UP! This project is about the real you, bared to the world, as the strong and vibrant mother you are. This project is about breaking the stereotypes of beauty forced on mothers, and even all women, everywhere.
3. No special hair styles, no new clothing, no ridiculously impractical heels. And I mean it, no make-up. If I can do it, you can do it!  Stay tuned for my own RAW shot!
4. This will take a minimal amount of your time. 15-30 minutes.
If you are interested, please contact me as soon as possible! 
 Me in the Raw..a mother of 3 small children. My life is for my children..everything I do is for them. They are the reason i get up, they are the reason I lay in bed all night praying for their well being..prayers they have their hopes and dreams fulfilled. They are the reason I own a camera. They are my muses. I see such joy and pure happiness in their faces. The most rewarding part of being their mother is watching them grow each and every day, seeing them learn new things and discovering the world around them. My oldest tells me I am beautiful every day and I am starting to believe her..she sees me for who I am ..her caregiver, her boo boo kisser the one who sneaks her cupcakes for breakfast and shares movie time with her when the twins are asleep. My twins are still to young to tell me much..but they pat my leg and tell me "good girl", they snuggle me in the mornings and give me kisses when I am least expecting it. They are my life and I am happy to call them my babies 





No comments:

Post a Comment